The facility if capable of
- Ultra High Frequency signal generation and acquisition systems (1-10MHz).
- High Frequency (1-1MHz) amplifier for active piezoceramic sensor pairs.
- Laser Doppler Vibrometer (Polytek) non-conduct sensor with high velocity and displacement resolution, and high sampling-frequency (300ksamples/sec).
- Acceleration (1D and 3D), force, strain and temperature measurement
- Impact force excitation through a range of impact hammers (miniature to heavy)
- Continuous force excitation (6lb and 50lb electromagnetic shakers)
- 8- and 4-channel high-speed dynamic data acquisition & spectral analyzer systems
- Modal frequency, damping and mode shapes measurement
- Composite Damping Characterization
The Smart Material Testing Lab is employed for:
- Testing of piezoelectric actuators & sensors
- Thermomechanical testing and stabilization of SMA actuators
- High-voltage, high-frequency amplifiers for the excitation of piezo-actuators (±700Volts, 0-100kHz)
- Active Shape and Vibration Control
- High-speed, high-precision dynamic data acquisition systems